Monday, January 15, 2007

Don't let me be the Last to Know

A colleague at work recently resigned last month. And i didn't know about it until it was her last day. Am i being ignorant about wats happening around me? Have i become a 'mountain tortoise'?

I'm not the kind who would sit around in groups unless you want to hear my dirty jokes. Haha! I'm also not the type who would revel in office politics or lunch gossips. I guess dats why i may not be updated with the things around me.

However, this lack of not knowing or getting involved in rumours and gossips have turn me into sumthing which people are always in need of nowadays. A Confidant. Somebody who would hear wat u say and not spread it around coz the possibility of leakin it is minimal. In fact, i've become a confidant for many of my colleagues.

As a result i know so many secrets! I know who this gal is going out with... who picks her up... personal problems... management...... I just pretend not to know.

I guess there's good and bad about being a mountain tortoise. But there is one thing that such a attitude can earn....

Trust.

0 Comments: