Monday, January 22, 2007

Halo... Who Paged?

I was going through my cupboard to clear out some old stuffs when i found sumthing which was once popular... The PAGER!

It's amazing how technology has progressed over the years leaving this gadget obselete.

In the 90's, pagers were Hot man! So many brands and models. Besides the big providers such as SingTel, there's also Sunpage and Hutchison Paging.

However, pagers are quite limited in it's usage, unlike handphones. I mean, their job is to 'page' onli mah. Cannot even SMS leh. But those who 'pak tor' got special codes to send 'messages' to their boyfriend/girlfriend one. They do this by inputting a series of numbers once they have paged the other party. They are:

17-31707-1 = I-LOVE-U (must turn pager upside down to read)

2-17-31707 = LOVE-U-2 (oso must turn upside down)

1-177155-4 = I-MISS-U

177155-4-2 = MISS-U-2

Cute? Yeah lah yeah lah, watever...

0 Comments: