Tuesday, January 23, 2007

D is for Dictionary

One day, i kaypo2 lah go to my friend's desk. She's a very busy woman i tell u! Always got things to do one. I oso dunnoe what. Haha!

Anyway, I noticed she has a dictionary at her place. Wah! I said to myself. Tis friend of mine must be very intellectual leh. U can see that it's been used quite often judging by the condition of it's covers.

So, i picked up the dictionary lah to see it's content. I tot of trying to get the meaning of the word Wednesday. So i flip flip flip to the W section. I scan scan scan... wedge, wedlock, wee... ehh??!!

.... Alamak! How come got no word wednesday sia!!? Wah lau eh! Wat kind of dictionary is this? Simple word oso dun have.

I asked her lor why her dictionary dun even have the word Wednesday. Wah! Her reply i tell u... Cannot carry leh... She said this dictionary for intelligent people. No need so many words.

Ohhh pleaseee..... almost vomitted leh with the excuse... Hahaha!

To me, it looks like a dictionary for people who just started to learn English leh. A person who is studying a languange cannot give too many words mah. Later can become Gong-Gong. Bwahaha!!

0 Comments: