Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Take Note!

I never really like to read. Pass me a novel and i'll probably used it to kill cockroaches. Haha! Especially books without pictures! Wah! Torture man!! How to read with no pictures? I just cannot imagine reading a book or novel as thick as 'Ya Kun Kaya Toast!' Never get migraine or headache meh?

I've heard of great authors namely Sydney Sheldon, Stephen King, Michael Crichton, JRR Tolkien and John Grisham but i've never read their books. Only watched it if it ever get to be made into a movie. Be it bestseller or not, a person like me needs some kind of strong convincing to read a book. And I'm not that easy to convince. Even insurance agents have failed. Haha!

But there is one book by a particular author which to my own personal opinion, is one of the best stories ever written. Ok lah! It's a love story! I'm sensitive you noe! Hahaha!! The book is called 'The Notebook' written by Nicholas Sparks. U can get it at Borders or Kinokuniya in paperbacks. I've got mine in Hardcover, when it was initially released. It's a story about eternal love. I'm not going to write more about the story so I'd recommend you'd read it. It was recently made into a movie, but.... best left forgotten lah...

Of course, with the success of 'The Notebook', Nick continued on with 'Message In A Bottle' (movie starring Kevin Costner), 'A Walk To Remember' (movie starring Mandy Moore, my girlfriend), and 'Nights In Rodanthe' to name a few. Between the movie and the book, the book is always the best. From print to screen, it has never been great. So read the book first. Then watch the movie. Me? I've read and seen all of them.

Thank god there's cartoons and comics......

0 Comments: