Sunday, October 1, 2006

Say What?

Some of you may have noticed from my recent postings that i have included links to the meanings of words which are quite 'chim' and not commonly used in normal conversation. No. I'm not trying to show off on my English. It is my natural way of writing in English using such words. U can't blame me for that!

Many of us when we hear or read of words which are new to us we never took the time to find out the actual meaning of the words. And most of the time we just assume. Now, this is not a good way to improve on your vocabulary. And as we all know, learning is a life-long process.

Here's an example: Taxidermist. Ever wondered what it means? No lah. It has got nothing to do with taxis just becoz the word taxi is there. Click here to find out what it means.

I hope what i'm doing could provide some benefit for those who enjoyed reading my blog.

0 Comments: