Friday, February 9, 2007

Multiply Your Friend(ster)

I used to have a Friendster account. But after about a year, i decided to close it down for good.

Reason?

I don't see the point of it becoz it has failed in my main objective.

People join Friendster for various reasons. But i believe making friends is the whole point of it.

But wats the point if your Friendster contact list is someone whom you already knew? For what? It defeated the purpose! I'm supposed to make new friends!

Perhaps it's not the case for many of you but for me i've made only 2 or 3 NEW friends. The rest are all existing ones.

No offence to my existing friends. Dun take it too hard. U all are still my friend even if i have Friendster or not. (Friendster decide meh u my friend or not!?)

At the time while i was having Friendster, i also had a Multiply account. Itchy lah. Nothing to do. I closed my malay jokes blog becoz someone complained i was too free. The Multiply website served as a continuation to my Malay blog. (nope, it was never closed).

Multiply is quite similar to Friendster in some ways. It's more like a sharing community. My contacts initially were friends who had Multiply accounts. Soon, more and more people invited me to be their contacts. People whom i never knew or met! The rate of having new contacts is faster that what i had at Friendster!

As so, that is the reason why i decided to close Friendster.

Happy?

0 Comments: