Saturday, August 5, 2006

From Japan with Love

I had the chance to visit the 'Land of the Rising Sun' a couple of years back for a business trip. Though this post may be a little outdated, I guess it would be OK since some of you may like to know what was it like there. My trip to Japan was at the end of the month of November, early December. Winter was approaching soon and the temperature has started to dip below 10 deg C. The flight took close to 8 hours. Boring leh. It's not as if during the flight u can go out and take some fresh air. Besides sleeping, I managed to watch 'i,Robot' and 'Garfield' from the in-flight movie.

In Japan, I was welcomed by my Japanese collegue who brought me to the hotel where I would be staying for the next 3 days. My stay was to be at a hotel in a city called Tokorozawa. During the journey there, I get to see the popular Mt Fuji. As usual, the next day was work but I'm not going to describe that to u as it would most probably make you go to dreamland. Food was expensive, but doesn't matter to me much as got people 'belanja' me there. Haha!

On the second last day, my collegeue brought me to a place called Akihabara for some R&R. Most of u would probably be familiar with Sim Lim Square and Funan Center where electronic shops are abundance. To describe Akihabara, just imagine every shop at Orchard Road is Sim Lim Square. U'll get the picture. It's an electronic fanatics wet dream! Everywhere was electronics! Cool man! Most shops at that time were selling heating related products. There was a carpet with a heating element bulit inside as well as a heater shaped like an electric fan. I also get to visit a very popular shrine which was a tourist hotspot. It was indeed magnificent sight.

My only dissapointment there was there I didn't get a chance to see Ultraman. He's probably somewhere fighting monsters far away from Tokyo. Godzilla? Didn't meet him either. On vacation I guess. On my return flight, I watched 'i,Robot' and 'Garfield' again! Sian leh. Wat to do. Rather than see clouds.

0 Comments: