Thursday, July 27, 2006

Wat Time Want To Come HOME?!

My younger sis once complained to me about my parents. She said that they were not giving her the freedom to stay out with her friends for long and have to be back home by 10 pm.

Ahhhhhhhh........ Curfews.... I understood clearly how she feels. She's at the age where she starts questioning such issues. My parents also imposed such curfews on me. Yes. U probably dun believe it. Even though I am a guy, my parents expect me to return home by 10.30pm! Anything more than that, all hell will break loose! Even when I have started working, the curfew still stands! And I have never stayed overnight at a chalet or return home the next morning (National Service was an exception).

Overprotective? Strict? Old-fashioned? Harsh? Some may think so. I once had that thinking too. Some of you may think I am a "kuniang." So does some of my friends. But I've gotten used to it. I've endured the jeers by my friends by having to leave the 'party' when it was just gettin started and I can tell u the feelin sucks! As a result, I turned out to be a homely person. Someone whom girls would love to bring back to meet their parents. Haha!

Parents who enforce curfews on their children have a reason for doing so. They basically worry about mixing around with the bad company. And as you probably know night is when the 'bad influences' are at most active. But that doesn't mean those who dun enforce dun feel the same way for their children. It's a matter of individual preference on bringing up their children.

There is no definite right or wrong method. For those who dun have a curfew, know ur limits and act responsibly. For those who do, you'll thank your parents later.

0 Comments: