Friday, December 8, 2006

Teacher (by Khadijah Jantan)

Yes! I’m crashing into Khairul’s blog.

Let me introduce myself first before anyone says that I’m a hacker. I’m Khadijah, Khairul’s one and only youngest sister. No, my parents didn’t use Khairul’s initial name to come out with my name. It just happened. Anyway, I’m a student in a tertiary school. I’m friendly yet quite unfriendly at times. I love singing. I’m quite mischievous and lastly I’m nice...

Is it the teacher or is it just me?

For the past 10 years of schooling, I’ve never been labeled as the “trouble kid” but recently, I feel that I am one but only during his class.

Sometimes it just makes me wonder whether a teacher is after all a perfect person. One who knows everything. I do not have doubt about their credibility of teaching but I seriously do have doubt when a teacher talks about being respectful and disrespectful.

These are the words that I have been hearing:
I was once a student
I know what you are actually like by the way you replied me.
A teenager knows nothing.
I eat more salts than you
I’m your teacher

I do agree that everyone in the world was a student once.

But I totally disagree and condemn a teacher who says that he can predict who we actually are by the way we reply to them.

As a human, we should never ever believe in the 1st impression of someone. Why having such a mindset? Aren’t you creating troubles for yourself?

As a business student in some tertiary school, I’ve learned that a manager needs to know their subordinate well so as to get the best out of them. Hence, I beg to all of you out there, be it a teacher, a student, a parents or even a minister, know your people well before saying something that can hurt your people.

In addition, do not talk about being respectful and disrespectful when you yourself are unsure and obviously unclear about the true meaning of the words. You may be a brilliant English teacher but that does not necessarily mean you know the true meaning of it.

A teenager knows nothing
Being a human, we have brain that enables us to think. With that teenager knows everything but it’s just lies in the difference of depth of understanding.

I eat more salts than you.
Eating more salts doesn’t necessarily mean you have already mastered the complication of the world. Each people experience difference situations. No matter how much you keep emphasizing that “I’ve been through that phase before” to that person, it can never ever be the same.

I’m your teacher.
Did I ever wish for a teacher who is like you?
Never ever find fault with students. This makes them condemn you for the rest of their lives. I hate seeing or even experiencing a situation where I get scolded for something which the teacher has no interest in investigating. As an adult, that does not give you the power to scold people. Let me ask you a question, who likes getting scolded?

But I seriously have to applause those teachers who are forever patient with their students. After going through live with such a patient teacher, I realized that my score is so much better as compared to those unfriendly teachers.

Strict teachers
I love and at the same time hate this type of teachers. They can be very strict until you feel like excusing yourself to the toilet but at the same time, these teachers always help you to produce very good results.

0 Comments: